No more guessing, we know that Destiny 2’s third and final subclass rework will be arc 3.0 next season, and given that we’re about a month and a half away from its arrival, I figured it was time to start checking some boxes.
With all these new subclasses, you tend to want to run elemental weapons that are the same type as that class, where at best, you can have something crazy attach to them like Volatile rounds, at worst, you’re getting a damage bonus from the elemental well build you’re running that season.
As such, I figured it was worthwhile to remind everyone what exactly the non-sunset arc weapons are in Destiny 2 right now. I’ll do exotics to watch separately, but for now, there are 66 weapons for your bottom two slots that you will want to be thinking about using next season. Not all of these are still farmable, but they may be in your vault.
Here’s the grand list. I have marked some of my personal favorites and what I think are some of the better ones with an asterisk (*).
- Shadow Price (Auto Rifle)
- The Number (Auto Rifle)
- Sorrow’s Verse (Auto Rifle)
- Arc Logic (Auto Rifle)
- Come To Pass (Auto Rifle)
- *Sweet Sorrow (Auto Rifle) – Craftable from last season with great perks and the Lank Tank trait.
- Eternal Blazon (Scout Rifle)
- Contingency Plan (Scout Rifle)
- *Darkest Before (Pulse Rifle) – A great feeling rapid fire from the Prophecy Dungeon.
- *Insidious (Pulse Rifle) – Lots of fun rolls here on the raid pulse including Dragonfly One for All.
- Jian 7 Rifle (Pulse Rifle)
- The Third Axiom (Pulse Rifle)
- *Horror’s Least (Pulse Rifle) – It’s back and one of the best pulse rifles in the game, now pound for pound.
- Cantana-57 (Hand Cannon)
- Crisis Inverted (Hand Cannon)
- Waking Vigil (Hand Cannon)
- *Posterity (Hand Cannon) – 180s are getting a buff so you might as well grab this DSC favorite.
- Nature of the Beast (Hand Cannon)
- Finite Impactor (Hand Cannon)
- Seventh Seraph VY-7 (Submachine Gun)
- *IKELOS SMG (Submachine Gun) – Once the best legendary SMG of its time in the Warmind Cell era, it’s still a classic.
- *Stochastic Variable (Submachine Gun) – Absolutely one of my favorite SMGs even if it flies totally under the radar.
- The Keening (Sidearm)
- The Vision (Sidearm)
- *Forgiveness (Sidearm) – The new Trials sidearm which absolutely rips.
- Wolftone Draw (Bow)
- Point of the Stag (Bow)
- Arsenic Bite (Bow)
- Found Verdict (Shotgun)
- Xenoclast IV (Shotgun)
- Prophet of Doom (Shotgun)
- A Sudden Death (Shotgun)
- *Matador 64 (Shotgun) – From the 30th anniversary, lots of great choices on it.
- *First In, Last Out (Shotgun) – A classic slug that I’ve had with Vorpal for boss damage for ages now.
- Dead Weight (Shotgun)
- Salvager’s Salvo (Breach Grenade)
- *Forbearance (Breach Grenade) – The raid launcher has chain reaction outclassing Salvo above it here because it’s a wave frame.
- Main Ingredient (Fusion Rifle)
- Techeun Force (Fusion Rifle)
- Exile’s Curse (Fusion Rifle)
- Hollow Words (Fusion Rifle)
- *PLUG.ONE.1 (Fusion Rifle) – You can get it adept, and you can get a tremendous amount of great rolls on it.
- The Wizened Rebuke (Fusion Rifle)
- Adored (Sniper Rifle)
- Apostate (Sniper Rifle)
- Occluded Finality (Sniper Rifle)
- Gallu RR3 (Sniper Rifle)
- *Nezerec’s Whisper (Glaive) – The only arc glaive is going to be able to do some interesting things in arc 3.0, I imagine.
- Night Terror (Sword)
- Honor’s Edge (Sword)
- Temptation’s Hook (Sword)
- Bequest (Sword)
- Half-Truths (Sword)
- *Hero of Ages (Sword) – Just a really solid sword from the 30th anniversary which is Vortex and can also get chain reaction.
- Interference VI (Grenade Launcher)
- Blast Battue (Grenade Launcher)
- Tarnation (Grenade Launcher)
- Sleepless (Rocket Launcher)
- Shining Sphere (Rocket Launcher)
- Heretic (Rocket Launcher)
- Hoosegow (Rocket Launcher)
- Subzero Salvo (Rocket Launcher)
- *The Hothead (Rocket Launcher) – The best rocket launcher out of all these here, especially the adept NF version.
- Tarantula (Linear Fusion Rifle)
- *Stormchaster (Linear Fusion Rifle) – Just casually the best DPS in the game, legendary or exotic. You absolutely must have one of these from Duality, arc 3.0 or not.
- Seventh Seraph SAW (Machine Gun)
- THE SWARM (Machine Gun)
- A Fine Memorial (Machine Gun)
Follow me on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. Subscribe to my free weekly content round-up newsletter, God Rolls.
Pick up my sci-fi novels the Herokiller series and The Earthborn Trilogy.